Safety Training Awards Recognition (STAR)
The Star Program is an ongoing effort of Painter’s District Council #14 and it’s employer partners, Chicago PDCA/FCA, and MWCC, working through the DC14 Apprenticeship Program to create incentives for journey persons to pursue Safety Training and Continuing Education within the Union workforce. This helps maintain us as the most highly-skilled and sought after workforce in the finishing trades!
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Exposure to the latest industry techniques and training
- Expand your skillset to help pick up more hours/advance your career
- Refresh OSHA Cards - not required but reccomended every (4) years!
- Attend the end-of-year STAR Banquet for dinner and an open bar!
- Earn a chance to WIN A NEW CAR (tier 1 prize) and other subsantial prizes at the annual banquet!
- Minimum 10 credits of SAFETY courses qualifies for (1) raffle ticket
- Afterwards any (30) credits of SAFETY/SKILLS courses combined qualifies for (1) additional raffel ticket
- There is a (2) ticket maximum and only (1) awarded per person
- Participants may only win (1) vehicle within their lifetime through the STAR program
- Class registration must be done online
- You must be a journeyperson and remain in good standing throughout the program year
- Tier 1 prize drawing - requires at least 800 consecutive hours of work
- Tier 2 prize drawing - requires at least 300 consecutive hours of work
- Two (2) no calls/no shows for any STAR class results in disqualification for that entire STAR year
- You must register at least two (2) weeks prior to the class starting date
- Unregistered walk-ins are not permitted to any STAR class
- You must show a current quarter union card in order to recieve STAR credit
- You must complere and pass the entire course to recieve STAR credit
- First time STAR program participants must submit their full Social Security number - returning participants their last 4 digits
- CAS classes through the SSPC now qualify for STAR credit
This list is updated regularly so check back for the latest offerings. Click on the title of any classname for detailed information to register.