THIS CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT, please see our website for upcoming Hazard Communication classes.
Length of Course: 2 days / 16 hours (20 credits)
Dates: 11/2/2019, 11/3/2019
The 16 hours of Confined Space class features lectures, demonstrations, and activities will actively involve the student in the learning process and to help you become confident in your ability to use what you learn. DC14 has built a Confined Space mock up for use in the hands-on workshops. This will give you the opportunity to practice putting on, wearing, and decontaminating protective equipment, as well as all the aspects of Confined Space Work.
Topics Covered Include:
- Properties and definitions of Confined Spaces
- Atmospheric hazards of Confined Spaces
- Air monitoring
- Personal protective equipment
- Communication equipment for Confined Spaces
- Isolating the permit space for entry ventilating Confined Spaces
- Entrants, attendants, and supervisors
- OSHA Permit System and The Entry Permit
- Retrieval and rescue from Confined Spaces
- OSHA Standards for Confined Spaces